Thursday, May 3, 2018

Seven Steps to Stagnation

Change is good


Seven Steps to Stagnation

1. We have never done it that way.
2. We are not ready for that.
3. We are doing all right without it.
4. We tried that once before.
5. It costs too much.
6. That is not our responsibility.
7. It just won't work.
8. You obviously don't understand; we are different.


You are correct the title says seven steps to stagnation yet the list includes eight.  For years when giving my presentation on change I had listed the first seven.  Audiences frequently responded, "Russ, you obviously don't understand; we are different".  Everyone believes they are unique, and their business situation is unlike any other.  My experience is that basic business principles are true for all business.

Please visit my website HERE
AND... read my book:  "How to Treat You Employees Like a Dog" 

No comments:

Post a Comment